Re: [HTCondor-users] docker universe and centos 6

On 8/29/2019 1:31 PM, Dimitri Maziuk via HTCondor-users wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> it seems HasDocker does not work on centos 6:
>
>> dmaziuk@perch$ condor_status -f "%s," machine -f "%s" HasDocker -f "\n" machine | sort | uniq
>> barracuda.bmrb.wisc.edu,
>> eagle.bmrb.wisc.edu,true
>
> But
>
>> root@barracuda# ps -AF | grep docke[r]
>> root      278976       1  0 73101 16312  17 13:20 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/docker -d
>> root@barracuda# docker images
>> REPOSITORY          TAG                 IMAGE ID            CREATED             VIRTUAL SIZE
>
> This is after full restart of both docker and condor. Is this a centos 6
> problem or a partitionable slot problem? -- barracuda is centos 6, has
> one partitionable slot, eagle is centos 7 with default 1 slot/core config.

It is not a partitionable slot problem, Docker support and partitionable
slots work fine together.

Just a guess:  Perhaps on barracuda user condor is not in a member of
the docker group...  what does "groups condor" say on barracuda?  If
condor is not in the docker group, then HasDocker should not be true
since HTCondor could not launch any containers...

Also FWIW... docker on centos 6 is pretty buggy because the kernel is so
old, which is why Docker itself claims it needs centos 7 or above... I
guess if you updated the kernel on your centos 6 machines maybe you'd be
ok, but we encountered a lot of bugs trying to use Docker on centos 6...

regards
Todd