Re: [HTCondor-users] docker universe and centos 6

On 8/29/19 2:29 PM, Todd Tannenbaum wrote:

> Just a guess:  Perhaps on barracuda user condor is not in a member of
> the docker group...  what does "groups condor" say on barracuda?  If
> condor is not in the docker group, then HasDocker should not be true
> since HTCondor could not launch any containers...

Well condor's not in docker group on any of them but on all centos 7
nodes HasDocker is true and on all 3 centos 6 nodes HasDocker is false.

> Also FWIW... docker on centos 6 is pretty buggy because the kernel is so
> old, which is why Docker itself claims it needs centos 7 or above... I
> guess if you updated the kernel on your centos 6 machines maybe you'd be
> ok, but we encountered a lot of bugs trying to use Docker on centos 6...

Right, but since you guys are not offering alpine builds, those of us
allergic to systemd don't have too many options... Looks like we have to
run condor in a centos 7 container in order to run a docker container in
condor.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin