Re: [HTCondor-users] HTCondor 8.8.0 Released

On Fri, 2019-01-04 at 15:26:10 +0000, Tim Theisen wrote:
> I'll do my best to get 8.8.0 into Buster.

Great! (Even if it's 8.8.1 or 8.8.2 that finally makes into the release.)
I've seen a number of complaints from GCC 8.2.0

/build/condor-8.8.0/src/condor_includes/condor_config.h: In member function 'HASHITER& HASHITER::operator=(const HASHITER&)':
/build/condor-8.8.0/src/condor_includes/condor_config.h:385:100: warning: 'void* memcpy(void*, const void*, size_t)' writing to an object of type 'class HASHITER' with no trivial copy-assignment; use copy-assignment or copy-initialization instead [-Wclas
s-memaccess]
  HASHITER& operator=(const HASHITER& rhs) { if (this != &rhs) { memcpy(this, &rhs, sizeof(HASHITER)); } return *this; }
                                                                                                    ^
/build/condor-8.8.0/src/condor_includes/condor_config.h:378:7: note: 'class HASHITER' declared here
 class HASHITER {
       ^~~~~~~~

that hadn't been there for Stretch with its older version. Perhaps that's
something to be ironed out.

I'll think about upgrading my arm64 server to 8.8.x again next week ;)

Cheers,
 Steffen