Re: [HTCondor-users] Negative return value after submission

I tried True/False and neither will give med the result I want.

With transfer_executable = False I still get the same error in my log-file.

I am thinking this might be a windows permission error and is not related to condor. Or is there anything in how condor runs that can cause this?

From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of John M Knoeller
Sent: mandag 14. januar 2019 16.29
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] Negative return value after submission

so these two submit file statements

executable=C:\ProgramData\Anaconda2\python.exe

transfer_executable = True

Mean that you want to transfer python.exe from C:\ProgramData\Anaconda2 on the submit host to the job sandbox,

and then run it from there.  That almost certainly will not work because python depends on dlls that are in the same directory as it is.

and you will not be transferring those, just python.exe

It might work if you transferred the whole Anaconda2 directory.  But I think what you meant to do is NOT transfer python,

but instead run it from where it is installed on the execute machine.  to do that, just change the value of transfer_executable to false.

-tj