Re: [HTCondor-users] HTCondor within Slurm?

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 8:53 AM Greg Thain <gthain@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A second way is more complicated to set up, but gives slurm more
> visibility to the jobs.  This method relies on the job router to convert
> vanilla condor jobs in the condor's schedd to grid jobs that go to
> slurm, and then the slurm scheduler sees these as jobs, and can schedule
> them as it sees fit, and accounts for them in the usual way.
>
> We'd be happy to give you a hand to help set up either of these methods.

lining the documentation that explains this clearly would be helpful.
i've yet to find a "manual" that shows how to submit jobs from condor
into slurm

right now i have condor running on all my slurm nodes and a condor
cron that trys to detect as quickly as possible if slurm is about to
startup.  for most things this works fine, but gpu's make this a
little more complicated because they don't release the job as quickly
as i'd like.  we get collisions from time to time

i'd rather condor jobs get submitted to my slurm pools, but i've not
been able to figure out all the parts to make it 'go'.  i'd be happy
to contribute to document this, but i'm not smart enough to start it