Re: [HTCondor-users] HTCondor within Slurm?

Hi Steffan,

This is entirely possible and a good idea. There are a few of ways you can go about it. Here is a paper that explains how they user Slurm and HTCondor via the grid universe [1].

We have run the LIGO HTCondor Cluster at Cardiff on top of a PBSPro cluster for several years. We used a script to watch the condor_q queue, and when there were idle jobs submitted a job to PBSPro to start a "glidein" HTCondor startd from an installation in a shared NFS file-system. The HTCondor startd actually ran as root so that the node could be shared by multiple people and jobs, but you could submit Slurm jobs as individual users and then restrict the startd to only start their jobs if you do not have that power.

I expect that there are other possibilities as well.

Paul

[1] https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1742-6596/898/8/082014/meta