Re: [HTCondor-users] Files in /var/lib/condor/execute/ filling up disk

On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 1:08 PM John M Knoeller <johnkn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Do you know when or why the HTCondor daemons stopped running?

Speaking from past experience with similar behavior, I would be
willing to bet that the daemon logs are on the same filesystem as the
execute directory, so what killed the daemons was the full disk. I ran
into this semi-regularly a 3-ish years ago with a customer in a
previous job and ended up writing a check that ran externally (via
cron on Linux or Task Scheduler on Windows) that checked to see if a
startd should be running (as evidenced by the .startd_address file,
IIRC) but was not.

--
Ben Cotton
He / Him / His