A: Aimotive Kft, Szepvolgyi ut 22, Budapest, 1025 Hungary

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Pelletier <Michael.V.Pelletier@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 6:55 PM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Gergely Debreczeni <gergely.debreczeni@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Jenkins -> Condor

I wrote a plugin to launch workers via HTCondor submissions a while back, but haven't put it into production as yet, or even really tested it particularly hard.

One trick I had to write was a requirements expression that the worker job has to start running on an exec node within the slave startup timeout (CurrentTRime - Qdate > ~JenkinsTimeoutSeconds~) which Jenkins enforces, and a periodic remove expression to drop moot workers from the job queue.

Also, bear in mind that the workers need to be able to reach the master which submitted them, so if your exec node or Jenkins server has firewalls in place, the worker would need to traverse them.

I seem to recall that I also set up parameters to allow Jenkins to specify disk, memory, and cpu requirements which translated into the submit.

Michael V. Pelletier
Information Technology
Digital Transformation & Innovation
Integrated Defense Systems