Re: [HTCondor-users] Workaround to use LDAP condor account

On Mon, 2019-06-17 at 16:37:46 -0400, Gerard Weatherby wrote:
> We had a problem with the condor service not starting on an Ubuntu 18
> (debian) system because the /var/run/condor didn't exist. /var/run/condor
> didn't exist because the/systemd-tmpfiles-setup/service runs before
> the/sssd/service, so the creation command in
> the//usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/condor-tmpfiles.conf/file installed by htcondor
> failed because "condor" wasn't recognized as an account name.
>
> We ending up creating another debian package to resolve this; the source is
> available https://github.com/NMRbox/nmrbox-configuration-htcondor, in case
> this is of use to anyone else.

Hi Gerard,

would you mind to share a diff (of the source packages, of course)?
HTCondor folks would perhaps be interested to merge it...

Thanks,
 Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald, Cluster Administrator
Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute)