[HTCondor-users] No daemons are running and attempts to restart condor so far have been unsuccessful

Hello,

After some investigation, I found that none of the daemons were running on the Central Manager (using ps aux | grep condor). Running condor_status on the machine outputs:

Error: communication error
CEDAR:6001:Failed to connect to <127.0.1.1:9618>

And running condor_q outputs:
Error:

Extra Info: You probably saw this error because the condor_schedd is not
running on the machine you are trying to query ... Please make sure the Condor daemons are running and try again.

Extra Info: If the condor_schedd is running ... Please see the Condor
manual for details on SCHEDD_NAME and SCHEDD_ADDRESS_FILE.

I tried using condor_master which says that it can't open the log file located at /var/log/condor/MasterLog. Any other command such as condor_restart or condor_off outputs the message: "Can't connect to local master."

I don't really know what the next steps for troubleshooting would be - I did look at the config files and there seems to be no obvious error. If anyone could offer a solution or guidance it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jeff