Re: [HTCondor-users] deb packages for HTCondor Python API

On 10.05.19 16:51, Steffen Grunewald wrote:> I just found that:

> - condor_8.8.2-465890-deb8_amd64.deb contains two .so files in below /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages

I can confirm that this is the case for the Jessie package [0] mentioned
by Steffen. But it does not hold for the corresponding Stretch file [1]
and it is not true either for the Bionic package [2].

> - the src package (8.8.2-1, in 8.8/stretch) doesn't list those (htcondor.install doesn't mention
>   usr/lib/python*)
>
> When building the src package, the bindings get built but not installed.
> What am I missing here?

Checking the packaging code [3] I think that Steffen's diagnosis is
correct. Was the Jessie package built using different packaging code?

Peter

[0]
http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/debian/stable/pool/contrib/c/condor/condor_8.8.2-465890-deb8_amd64.deb
[1]