[HTCondor-users] Hiring Research Computing Facilitators at UW-Madison

Greetings Everyone,

The Center for High Throughput Computing (CHTC) at UW-Madison is expanding our Research Computing Facilitator (RCF) team!ÂPlease forward to other communities and individuals who may be interested. This particular position is oriented toward individuals already experienced in supporting computational research who will help to inform the usability of our services and tools.
This is a tremendous opportunity to directly impact hundreds of campus researchers per year within a supportive facilitation ecosystem where the Research Computing FacilitatorÂterminology originated. We emphasize prior research experience and demonstrated work in communication/teaching in our RCFs, supporting our philosophy of proactive, personalized guidance that effectively engages research communities newer to beyond-the-desktop computing. As UW-Madison's core research computing provider, CHTC is leveraged by research groups all over campus and delivered more than 400 million compute hours in the last year, building upon our long-standing research mission to develop distributed computing technologies, including the HTCondor compute scheduling software.Â

The UW-Madison and CHTC offer the ability for RCFs to engage with a variety of compute execution modes beyond traditional HPC models, leveraging our leadership in high throughput computing (HTC) and includingÂrecently-funded/upcoming enhancements to our GPU capabilitiesÂin cooperation with UW-Madison's emerging Data Science Institute, newÂCryo-EM facility, and campus experts in machine learning. Our RCFs also contribute to the facilitation team for the Open Science Grid'sÂOSG Connect serviceÂand regularly consult with other campuses on HTC services and facilitation practices.

Thank you, in advance, for helping to spread the word!

Lauren MichaelÂ
(lead RCF at UW-Madison)

Lauren Michael -ÂResearch Computing Facilitator,ÂCenter for High Throughput ComputingUniversity of Wisconsin - Madison
lmichael@xxxxxxxxtinyurl.com/LMichaelCalendarDiscovery 2262, (608)316-4430