Re: [HTCondor-users] Linux Containers to consider with HTCondor in the near future?

Hi Max,

I find it better if users "tell HTCondor what they need, not how to do it".

That is, the users are better served if they are asked to put in a submit file line like:

+RequiredOS = "rhel7"

(what they need!) as opposed to asking them to learn the Docker universe:

universe = docker
docker_image = myrepo:custom_centos7

(how to do it!)

This way, you have some ability to decide on switching the implementation later without having to worry about asking users to change their submit files.

That said, both Singularity and Docker support are in reasonably good shape.  I happen to use both, depending on the application.

Brian