From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Beyer, Christoph
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2019 8:21 AM
To: htcondor-users <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [External] Re: [HTCondor-users] scheduled downtime configuration

Hi Ben,

always good to hear from you :)

Thanks for the insight, that's what I had in mund more or less, I do skip the file/startdcron part for now and just made it remote controllable through condor_config_val.

It's not very sophisticated but I put it here for whoever might be looking for something similar anyway :)

On the workernode:

InStageDrain = False
ShutdownTime = 0
Drain = ((InStageDrain =?= True && (time() + MaxJobRetirementTime < ShutdownTime)) || InStageDrain =?= False) STARTD_ATTRS = InStageDrain, ShutdownTime, StartJobs, $(STARTD_ATTRS) STARTD.SETTABLE_ATTRS_ADMINISTRATOR = StartJobs, InStageDrain, ShutdownTime START = (NODE_IS_HEALTHY =?= True) && (StartJobs =?= True) && $(Drain)

Remote control:

zitpcx35701%  date -d "May 30 14:59:48 CEST 2019" +%s
1559221188

condor_config_val -name <workernode> -startd -set "ShutdownTime = 1559221188"
condor_config_val -name <workernode> -startd -set "InStageDrain = True"
condor_reconfig <workernode> -daemon startd

Cheers
Chris

--
Christoph Beyer