Re: [HTCondor-users] Python bindings

On 11/14/2019 3:29 PM, Martin Sajdl wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> is there an equivalent to command "condor_on -daemon startd" in python
> bindings?
> I can use the following for stopping the startd daemon, but cannot find
> an inverse command...
> import htcondor as htc
> local_master = htc.Collector().locate(htc.DaemonTypes.Master)
> htc.send_command(
>  Â Â Âlocal_master,
>  Â Â Âhtc.DaemonCommands.DaemonOffPeaceful,
>  Â Â Â'startd'
> )
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Masaj

Hi Masaj,

Thank you for reporting the above omission! Apologies for the hassle.

We the issue in the source code, to be released in HTCondor v8.8.7+ and
HTCondor v8.9.5+ --- both are scheduled for release in December.

You can see the patch and additional details here:
https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=7380

If you want a pre-release of either of these patched versions, you could
build HTCondor yourself from source, or you could grab the pre-built
binaries from our continuous integration build/test farm.  The HTCondor
v8.9.5 pre-release that includes the patch you want can be downloaded from
  http://submit-3.batlab.org/results/run-details.php?runid=489446

Pick the platform you want (Centos7, Debian 9, whatever), click on the
"files" link right below the name of the platform desired, and then
download file "results.tar.gz". Inside of that tarball you will find the
HTCondor pre-release RPM (or DEB) and also a tarball.

regards
Todd