[HTCondor-users] condor_now with jupyter notebooks

Hi,

I am struggling to get the jupyter notebooks started in time on a pool with a fraction of reserved slots for that purpose :(

I would like to use condor_now for the purpose but I am unable to provide an idle job for all 'possible' users hence I need a workflow more or less like this:

- keep a dozen or so idle jobs
- user logs in and starts a notebook
- take one of the idle jobs and alter it's ownership to match the user
- use condor_now to replace the idle job with the actual notebook job

Is there anybody doing something similar maybe or could give me a hint if and how this could be done ?

Best
Christoph

--
Christoph Beyer