Re: [HTCondor-users] condor_now with jupyter notebooks

- take one of the idle jobs and alter it's ownership to match the user

This is not something HTCondor allows. (I assume you mean "sleep" here, rather than "idle", given the way condor_now works.)

Is there anybody doing something similar maybe or could give me a hint if and how this could be done ?

The condor_now manpage claims that the queue super-user can run a now-job on a victim-job's resources even if those jobs have different owners. I don't know of anyone who's done this in production, so you'll want to test this with a schedd, startd, and jobs that you don't care about, but you don't actually need to change the job's ownership.

On the other hand, it may well be easier to configure a startd or two to only run notebook jobs than to reserve slots with jobs, even if that's not quite as nice a design. (Or to configure 12 startds with a reserved slot, whatever.)

- ToddM