Re: [HTCondor-users] Submit Job through Command Line

On 9/10/2019 1:11 PM, Lachlan Palmer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am wanting to submit jobs through the command line without having to
> have a submit file. I am running on Windows.

Hi Lachlan,

Indeed, on Windows having condor_submit reading from stdin seems a little wacky to me as well.  We will make a ticket to improve this.

Meanwhile, the following successfully for me using cmd.exe on Windows 10 with HTCondor v8.8.5:

 condor_submit executable=c:\foo\bar.exe request_memory=1G -queue 1 -file NUL

I think the trick is using the "-queue X" command-line option and
also the  "-file NUL" command line option.

Hope the above helps,
regards,
Todd