Re: [HTCondor-users] Machine priorities

On 9/12/19 9:31 AM, Alejandro AcuÃa wrote:
Dear users,
In addition to user priorities and job priorities,I wonder whether there is machine priorities or something like that in HTCondor? I need classify some machines with better priority than others because there are nodes with different specifications on process network.

Yes, machines can specify a RANK, which is very strong -- it means I prefer one job over another so much so that I want to preempt the running job and replace it with another I prefer more.

If you don't want a preference that strong, and you have multiple available slots that match a particular job, the

NEGOTIATOR_PRE_JOB_RANK can be used to sort the matching machines according to some preference.

-greg