Re: [HTCondor-users] startd name

On 4/5/2020 4:10 PM, Todd Tannenbaum wrote:
On 4/3/2020 2:38 PM, David Schultz wrote:
 > I'm not sure where that comes from, but it's nothing I did. Maybe because we're starting them as a user, instead
ÂÂÂ of as
ÂÂÂÂ > root?
ÂÂÂÂ >

ÂÂÂ Actually, perhaps it is coming because you are starting either the condor_master or the condor_startd with the "-d"
 command line flag? If you do a ps and grep for condor_startd, do you see "-d" on the command line? According to the
ÂÂÂ documentation at https://tinyurl.com/vbp6n9l it appears that "-d" will cause the PID to be used in the names of various
 files and also the startd name. And looking at the source quick, it appears the STARTD_HOST might be ignored if
ÂÂÂ "-d" is
ÂÂÂ specified (which seems like a bug to me).

Just FYI for folks, we are fixing the bug with the "-d" option to the condor_startd which David identified; see

  https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=7585

regards
Todd