Re: [HTCondor-users] force certain type of jobs to run on an specific startd

El vie., 17 abr. 2020 a las 14:49, Brian Lin (<blin@xxxxxxxxxxx>) escribiÃ:

> Hey Jose,
>
> For the hostname, you can use the "Machine" attribute that HTCondor
> automatically populates in the startd ad:
>
> Requirements = ( other requirements ) && ( TARGET.Machine ==
> "machine.you.want.edu" )
>
> If this isn't a one-off, though, you should think about what's special
> about these machines and update their configs to advertise this property:
>
> JOSES_SPECIAL_HOSTS = True
> SUBMIT_ATTRS = JOSES_SPECIAL_HOSTS $(SUBMIT_ATTRS)
>
> Then the requirements statement would look like:
>
> Requirements = ( other requirements ) && ( TARGET.JOSES_SPECIAL_HOSTS )
>
> Or if it's a consumable resource that HTCondor should be aware of, you
> can specify the number of these resources available on the machine:
>
> MACHINE_RESOURCE_joses_resources = 8
>
> And then your users can request an amount of these resources in their
> submit files:
>
> request_joses_resources = 4
>
> - Brian
>
> On 4/17/20 6:55 AM, jcaballero.hep@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > this is just to confirm that, if I wanted to force from the schedd
> > which machine runs certain type of jobs (for example, for a given
> > user) it would be like this:
> >
> > Requirements = ( other requirements ) && ( User == "the_user" &&
> > TARGET.HOSTNAME)
> >
> > This assumes also that the startd host includes HOSTNAME in STARTD_ATTRS, right?
> >
> > Any comment is more than welcome.
> > Cheers,
> > Jose
> >
> > The archives can be found at:
> > https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/htcondor-users/

Hi Brian,

thanks a lot for the response. TARGET.Machine should work.

I am now realizing that something like this

Requirements = ( other requirements ) && ( User == "my_user" &&
TARGET.Machine ==
"machine.you.want.edu" )

most probably, will prevent any job from a different user to run.
I guess I need to work out the full logic, playing with ANDs and ORs properly.
But that is a different history.

Thanks a lot.
Jose