Re: [HTCondor-users] bulding deb package from source

On Tue, 2020-04-21 at 11:25:25 +0300, idoshamay@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi HTCondor masters,
>
> I'm interested in building a deb package for Ubuntu-18.04 from source (like
> the one in
> https://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/instructions/ubuntu/18/stable/).
> This will greatly simplify my deployment process, instead of working with
> the regular UNIX binary folder and condor_configure routine.
> I couldn't find any make target to produce the deb file.
> Have I missed it or it's not exposed in the project?

Why don't you fetch the source package from e.g.
 http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/ubuntu/8.8/bionic/pool/contrib/c/condor/
and pass it through your favourite builder (pbuilder, cowbuilder)?

Unless you're up for a long way of getting things right, this should be
fastest.

Cheers,
 Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald, Cluster Administrator
Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute)