[HTCondor-users] Maximum length of submit macro?

Does anyone know off the top of their heads if there's a limit to the length of a submit description macro, and if so, what it is? I have a potentially very large number of files with very long filenames to transfer as input for a single job, so I'd like to figure out if I have to take special steps to handle the outlying cases.

I do see the "general remark" in condor_submit's man page that command line arguments must be less than 4k long, but no specifics about length limits for lines within the description, or included lines.

Thanks!

Michael V Pelletier
Principal Engineer

Raytheon Technologies