Re: [HTCondor-users] HTCondor 8.8.10 Released

Hello HTCondor Developers,

On Thu, 2020-08-06 at 16:11:39 -0500, Tim Theisen wrote:
> The HTCondor team is pleased to announce the release of HTCondor 8.8.10.
> A stable series release contains significant bug fixes.
> Highlights of this release are:
> - Ubuntu 20.04 and Amazon Linux 2 are now supported

Thanks. I'm (as always) performing individual builds for Debian archs,
amd64, arm64, and i386, and distros Stretch and Buster.
Looks good so far.
What I'm having problems with is the Bullseye (testing) build, which no
longer has Python2 support. I've removed the python2-specific stuff from
debian/control, and replaced the python-sphinx* stuff with their python3
counterparts.
Still, cmake fails.

The corresponding part of the Buster pbuilder log reads:
```
-- external skipped (drmaa)
-- external skipped (qpid)
-- SYSTEM_NAME: Debian-10
-- Boost components: python;unit_test_framework
-- Boost version: 1.67.0
-- Found the following Boost libraries:
--   python
--   unit_test_framework
-- external configured (BOOST_INCLUDE=/usr/include) version:(106700) link directories (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu)
```
while the Bullseye one comes up with
```
-- external skipped (drmaa)
-- external skipped (qpid)
-- SYSTEM_NAME: Debian-
-- Boost components: python;unit_test_framework
CMake Error at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/BoostDetectToolset-1.71.0.cmake:8 (list):
  list index: 1 out of range (-1, 0)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/boost_python-1.71.0/boost_python-config.cmake:24 (include)
  /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Boost-1.71.0/BoostConfig.cmake:117 (find_package)
  /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Boost-1.71.0/BoostConfig.cmake:182 (boost_find_component)
  /usr/share/cmake-3.16/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:443 (find_package)
  externals/bundles/boost/1.66.0/CMakeLists.txt:88 (find_package)

CMake Error at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/BoostDetectToolset-1.71.0.cmake:8 (list):
  list index: 1 out of range (-1, 0)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/boost_unit_test_framework-1.71.0/boost_unit_test_framework-config.cmake:24 (include)
  /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Boost-1.71.0/BoostConfig.cmake:117 (find_package)
  /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Boost-1.71.0/BoostConfig.cmake:182 (boost_find_component)
  /usr/share/cmake-3.16/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:443 (find_package)
  externals/bundles/boost/1.66.0/CMakeLists.txt:88 (find_package)

-- Found Boost: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Boost-1.71.0/BoostConfig.cmake (found suitable version "1.71.0", minimum required is "1.33.1") found components: python unit_test_framework
-- external configured (BOOST_INCLUDE=/usr/include) version:(1.71.0) link directories (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu)
```

Obviously something goes wrong with the detection of Boost (the version strings look pretty different
in the last lines), and the system name isn't detected properly (perhaps because this is still
testing/sid - although I'd expect /etc/os-version wo provide the right information "Debian-11" in
your speak)...

Any suggestions how to overcome this?

Cheers,
 Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald, Cluster Administrator
Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute)