[HTCondor-users] how to do a stripped down Schedd as CondorCE submit node?

Hi all,

I am trying to setup a simple submit node, that should just be able to
submit jobs to a CondorCE (probably later on contaienrized rather than a
dedicated node).

Thing is, that my condor_ce_trace are successfully towards the CE (as
well as condor_ping on 9619) - however, I have not managed so far to
setup the local condor in a way, that I can submit a 'proper' job [2].

I have tried to setup a minimal local daemon setup with
  DAEMON_LIST = MASTER, COLLECTOR, NEGOTIATOR, SCHEDD
on the intended submitter. The local collector is listening on 9618 as
well as the shared port on 9620. The SchedLog does not looks suspicious
and a condor_q against the local schedd returns no error.

However, when I try to submit [2] with my CE's address as target pool,
condor_ce_submit raises [3] where the IP address is the submitter's own,
i.e., it is trying to connect to 9619 locally.
I would have expected, that the Schedd would submit the grid universe
job to CondorCE:9619 - I would have assuemd, that a simple submitter
should be fine with just the htcondor-ce-client [1], or?

Cheers,
  Thomas

[1]
condor-8.9.7-1.el7.x86_64
condor-classads-8.9.7-1.el7.x86_64
condor-external-libs-8.9.7-1.el7.x86_64
condor-procd-8.9.7-1.el7.x86_64
htcondor-ce-client-4.4.0-1.el7.noarch
python2-condor-8.9.7-1.el7.x86_64
python3-condor-8.9.7-1.el7.x86_64

[2]
> cat HTCondorCE.submit
universe = grid
use_x509userproxy = true
grid_resource = condor grid-htcondorce0.desy.de
grid-htcondorce0.desy.de:9619
executable = mypayload.sh
output = stdout
error = stderr
log = logs
ShouldTransferFiles = YES
WhenToTransferOutput = ON_EXIT
queue

[3]
> condor_ce_submit -debug HTCondorCE.submit
08/10/20 17:18:55 attempt to connect to <131.169.223.130:9619> failed:
Connection refused (connect errno = 111).

ERROR: Can't find address of local schedd