Re: [HTCondor-users] Condor Watch Queue Announcement

Hi David,

Instead of a backport, would a user-level install be acceptable?

That is, would it be possible to do a "pip install htcondor" to get the right python tools and then copy condor_watch_q from the source.  Something like this:

$ virtualenv-3 watchq
Using base prefix '/usr'
New python executable in /home/cse496/bbockelm/tmp/test_watch_q/watchq/bin/python3
Also creating executable in /home/cse496/bbockelm/tmp/test_watch_q/watchq/bin/python
Installing setuptools, pip, wheel...done.
[bbockelm@hcc-briantest7 test_watch_q]$ . watchq/bin/activate
(watchq) $ pip3 install htcondor
Collecting htcondor
  Downloading htcondor-8.9.10-cp36-cp36m-manylinux1_x86_64.whl (31.7 MB)
     |ââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââ| 31.7 MB 189 kB/s
Installing collected packages: htcondor
Successfully installed htcondor-8.9.10
(watchq) $ curl 'https://raw.githubusercontent.com/htcondor/htcondor/960808a1dc83ad0a272034d7440f1af53ad6d81d/src/condor_scripts/condor_watch_q'
 > ./condor_watch_q
$ python condor_watch_q -h
usage: condor_watch_q [-help] [-debug] [-users USER [USER ...]]
                      [-clusters CLUSTER_ID [CLUSTER_ID ...]]
                      [-files FILE [FILE ...]]
                      [-batches BATCH_NAME [BATCH_NAME ...]]
                      [-collector COLLECTOR] [-schedd SCHEDD]
                      [-exit GROUPER,JOB_STATUS[,EXIT_STATUS]]
                      [-groupby {batch,log,cluster}] [-table] [-progress]
                      [-row-progress] [-summary]
                      [-summary-type {totals,percentages}] [-updated-at]
                      [-abbreviate] [-color] [-refresh]

Track the status of jobs over time without repeatedly querying the condor_schedd.

It's not the prettiest solution but might get you going in a pinch.

Brian