Re: [HTCondor-users] GROUP_PRIO_FACTOR and condor_userprio

Hi,

I think when it comes to user_prios a lower prio-number/factor will give you more priority:

 3.6.2
Effective User Priority (EUP)
The effective user priority (EUP) of a user is used to determine how many resources that user may receive. The EUP is
linearly related to the RUP by a priority factor which may be defined on a per-user basis. Unless otherwise configured, an
initial priority factor for all users as they first submit jobs is set by the configuration variable DEFAULT_PRIO_FACTOR
, and defaults to the value 1000.0. If desired, the priority factors of specific users can be increased using condor_userprio,
so that some are served preferentially.
The number of resources that a user may receive is inversely related to the ratio between the EUPs of submitting
users. Therefore user A with EUP=5 will receive twice as many resources as user B with EUP=10 and four times as
many resources as user C with EUP=20. However, if A does not use the full number of resources that A may be given,
the available resources are repartitioned and distributed among remaining users according to the inverse ratio rule.

Best
Christoph

--
Christoph Beyer