[HTCondor-users] Preemption to priorize parallel jobs

Hi all,

I have 6 nodes in my pool thatÂare available for MPI jobs. My idea is to haveÂthese nodes running other jobs and when one parallel job is queued, I would like the jobsÂto be evicted to allow the MPI job to enter. Thus, I understand that preemption is where I have to look. But I'm not so sure how to do it. This is the first question, is really something that I can do using the Negotiator Preemption? Or maybe there is any other option (I don't know, maybe with eviction - startd-preemption - I can create a PREEMPT _expression_ that is only yes when a parallel job is queued?)

Has anyone done something like this?Â

My first idea is to add a RANK _expression_ on the startd like this:

RANK = Scheduler =?= $(DedicatedScheduler) * RequestCpus > 8 * JobUniverse == 11

And then on the negotiator side, add the PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS:

PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS = DedicatedScheduler =?= "DedicatedScheduler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" && JobUniverse =!= 11 && (SubmitterGroup =?= RemoteGroup)

But my first tests are not working as expected.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Carles

--