Re: [HTCondor-users] HTCondor 8.8.7 Released

On 12/26/19 4:34 PM, Tim Theisen wrote:
> The HTCondor team is pleased to announce the release of HTCondor 8.8.7.
> A stable series release contains significant bug fixes.

Is it worth changing rpm repo url to something like

http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/yum/stable/current/...

so we don't have to edit the repo file every time? -- Obviously with
"current" or "latest" being a symlink and anyone who wants to stay on a
particular release can edit that back to "8.7" or whatever.

I can see not wanting to automatically pull in breaking changes, like
the dots in dag node names snafu, but
a) these should never happen in the stable branch in the first place and
b) we won't know what breaks until it does anyway.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin