Re: [HTCondor-users] HTCondor 8.8.7 Released

Hello Dimitri,

When we went from 8.4 to 8.6, many users complained that their pool was broken by the upgrade. That is why we made the stable/8.8 repository.

So, all the 8.8.x releases go into this repository. So, you should not have to edit the repository file with every 8.8.x release. So, I don't understand what you want. We could drop in a stable/current symbolic link. However, then you would be susceptible to breaking changes when we go from 8.8 to 9.0. And that is also one of your stated goals.

Let me know if I misunderstood your request.

...Tim