Re: [HTCondor-users] How to use Dagman (python bindings) in condor 8.6 version.

Hi,

In its current form, DAGMan requires real condor_submit submit files on disk to work, so there's no way to use the Python bindings to directly provide submit descriptions for DAGMan at runtime. This is definitely an area we're trying to improve, so I'd love to hear more about your specific use case, especially if the below information isn't as helpful as you'd like...

We're working on improving integration between the bindings and DAGMan. As mentioned in a previous thread, we now haveÂhttps://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/v8_9_5/apis/python-bindings/api/htcondor.html#htcondor.Submit.from_dagÂin the 8.9 series, which lets you do the equivalent of condor_submit_dag from Python (but the submit files the DAG references still need to exist on disk).

We also have a prototypeÂ"DAG builder" API for Python atÂhttps://github.com/htcondor/htcondor-dagsÂ(examples atÂhttps://github.com/htcondor/htcondor-dags/tree/master/examples). It requires the 8.8 bindings, but you can install those manually from pip if you're using a linux system of some kind. It lets you pass submit descriptions to it in the form of Python bindings Submit objects.

Josh Karpel