Re: [HTCondor-users] sanity check on preemption

And I'm 80% sure the job wasn't matching the slots. I guess the other question, suppose a job request is less than a slot, as in 4cpu/32G RAM and there is a slot with 8cpu/64G would it consider that a match?

Yes. (There's some configuration possible to make it more likely the job will run on another, smaller slot. If your negotiator is lightly loaded, and you don't mind increased latency in starting jobs, you can experiment with setting CLAIM_WORKLIFE = 0, which will force the creation of new dynamic slots for each job. This may increase the need for draining.)

- ToddM