From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Todd L Miller
Sent: Wednesday, July 1, 2020 8:44 AM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] sanity check on preemption

> A job would not preempt by evicting a job, destroying partitioned slot,
> and creating a new partitioned slot of a different size to match the new
> job.

 	We tend to call the slot that was created as a result of dividing
a partitionable slot a 'dynamic slot', but yes, you're generally right.

> For some context, I enabled preemption on a cluster with partitionable
> slots with a PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS that looks if a job was running
> longer than 48 hours and priority is 20% higher. However, there are jobs
> that keep running after the 48 hour mark even when there are queued jobs
> waiting to run.

 	I assume you've verified that (a) the queued jobs match the slots
on which the >48 hour jobs are running and (b) that the owner of the
queued jobs in fact has a priority that's 20% higher?  (How does your
PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS determine that?)

- ToddM