Re: [HTCondor-users] Condor_master aborting because of FIPS mode (Douglas Vechinski)

Hello,

We don't have the normal tarball that we build for the non-FIPS version.  However, you can get the binaries easily enough by doing this:
	mkdir htcondor-8.8.9
	cd htcondor-8.8.9
	curl -s https://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/yum/fips/rhel7/condor-8.8.9-1.el7.x86_64.rpm | rpm2cpio | cpio -ivd

>From there you can grab everything out of the "usr" subdirectory and put that in your NFS share.  In the config, set "RELEASE_DIR" to point to that location in NFS.  Like you said though you'll still need to do a bunch of stuff on each local machine.  You can put things in the standard spots in /var, or use a different location by specifying "LOCAL_DIR" in the config file.

Either way, since you aren't using the rpm install, you will need to manually create a number of directories and correctly set the ownership and permissions on them as well.  I would probably recommend installing the rpm once somewhere and inspecting /var/(lib|lock|log|run)/condor/ to see what needs to be done. [There's probably a better way but I'm not much of an RPM expert...]

Let us know if that works for you.

Cheers,
-zach