Re: [HTCondor-users] Initial condor set up

ps is showing that the condor_master is running, so condor has started up.  You have successfully installed it

and it *is* running.

But it appears that you have not configured any of the other condor daemons to start up.

From the fact that the error message mentions âcondor-cm.example.comâ, I think you are referring to this page

https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/v8_9_7/admin-manual/quick-start-condor-pool.html

âcondor-cm.example.comâ is just an example, it is not the actual name you want to use,  you need to

use the actual DNS hostname of the machine that you configured to be your Central Manager.

Anywhere on that page you see âexample.comâ  you are meant to use your actual hostname.

Also, whenever you change the condor configuration files while condor is running, you need to run

   condor_reconfig

On that machine so that condor knows to re-read the configuration files, otherwise your changes will

not take effect until the next time you reboot the machine.

hope this helps.

-tj