Re: [HTCondor-users] Initial condor set up

On 7/23/2020 2:13 PM, batrapunit1999@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi!
I installed condor on my machine.And on runningÂps ax | grep condor it shows:-
Â9379 ?    ÂSs   0:00 /usr/sbin/condor_master -f
11434 ? Â Â Â ÂS Â Â Â0:02 condor_procd -A /var/run/condor/procd_pipe -L /var/log/condor/ProcLog -R 1000000 -S 60 -C 123
11435 ?    ÂSs   0:00 condor_shared_port -f
22383 pts/3 Â ÂS+ Â Â 0:00 grep --color=auto condor

But condor_status shows *Error: communication error*
*CONDOR_STATUS:1:Unable to resolve COLLECTOR_HOST (condor-cm.example.com <http://condor-cm.example.com>).*

Please help me understand what i am doing wrong.. I have enabled the condor

Hi Punit!

What operating system is running on your machine? I'll take a guess and assume Centos7 or Redhat7 in my answer below.

Next, are you trying to run HTCondor to manage a single server, or are you trying to build a pool (cluster) consisting of multiple servers?

If you are just interested in using HTCondor on a single server, install the "minicondor" package instead of the "condor" package. So something like this will install, configure, and launch a mini-condor (HTCondor pool consisting of one server):

 $ sudo yum install -yhttps://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/epel-release-latest-7.noarch.rpm
Â$ sudo yum-config-manager --add-repo https://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/yum/repo.d/htcondor-stable-rhel7.repo
 $ sudo yum install -y minicondor
 $ sudo systemctl enable condor
 $ sudo systemctl start condor

If you are interested in building pool with multiple servers, you need to install the "condor" package, but then you need to do some additional configuration work. See the Manual here:
https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/latest/admin-manual/quick-start-condor-pool.html

Hope this helps,
Todd