[HTCondor-users] CondorCE: job transform for normalizing jobs' core/mem ratio?

Hi all,

on your CondorCEs, do you normalize incoming jobs for their core/memory
requirements?

Thing is, that we normally assume a ratio of ~ 1core/2GB memory.
Now let's say a user/VO submits jobs with a skewed ration like
1core/8GB. Which would probably lead to draining for memory and leave a
few cores idle.
So, I had been thinking, if it might make sense to rescale a job's core
or memory requirements in a transform to get the job close to the
implicitly assumed core/mem ratio.

Does that make sense? ð

Cheers,
  Thomas