Re: [HTCondor-users] CondorCE: job transform for normalizing jobs' core/mem ratio?

Hi Thomas,

We do not normalize incoming requirements.

In your example, I'm not sure if I'm following the benefit.  You are suggesting changing:

1 core / 8GB -> 4 core / 8 GB

Right?  To me, in that case, you now have 3 idle cores inside the job - guaranteed to not be used - rather than 3 idle cores in condor which possibly are not used unless another VO comes in with odd requirements.

Now, some sites *do* charge for jobs according to both memory and CPU.  So, in your case of 1 core / 2GB being nominal, they would charge the user's fairshare for 4 units if the user submitted a 1 core / 8 GB job.

Or am I looking at this from the wrong direction?

Brian