[HTCondor-users] Migrating to version 8

Dear all,

I am in the process of migrating to version 8. Some of the nodes are already in version 8.6.11, and everything works perfectly even with the central manager in the latest 7 version.

condor_status and condor_q commands work on that machine

If I push to version 8.8.9 then I am unable to submit jobs; I get errors when submitting of type:

ERROR: Failed to connect to local queue manager
SECMAN:2007:Failed to end classad message.

even with the simplest example possible such as given there:

https://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/tutorials/fermi-2005/submit_first.html

I have already disable all security settings in the config.d condor file of the node with:

SEC_CLIENT_AUTHENTICATION=OPTIONAL
SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION=OPTIONAL

What has changed between 8.6.11 and 8.8.9 on the security side (what has been enforced)?

Best regards,

Xavier