Re: [HTCondor-users] system_periodic_hold never called in 8.9.3

> On Jun 25, 2020, at 5:14 AM, Beyer, Christoph <christoph.beyer@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I experienced that the system_periodic_hold never gets executed in 8.9.3, found some hints in the source that this is a known issue:
>
>              // We've seen a test suite run where the schedd never called
>                // PeriodicExprHandler(). Add some debug statements so that
>                // we know why if it happens again.
>
> Any chance for a fix for this ?
>
> At the same time the SYSTEM_PERIODIC_REMOVE_REASON is ignored on this version of HTC, as it is probably in the same corner of the code maybe this could be investigated at the same time too ? ;)

Are any job-specific hold/release/remove policy expressions triggering? If so, then the comment you quote isnât related. It regards a situation where no job policy expressions (either job-specific or system-wide) are ever evaluated.
One way to tell this is to set SCHEDD_DEBUG=D_FULLDEBUG and then look for this line in the SchedLog:
   Evaluated periodic expressions in %.3fs, scheduling next run in %us

This line is printed after every time the policy expressions are evaluated.

Thanks and regards,
Jaime Frey
UW-Madison HTCondor Project