Re: [HTCondor-users] condor_q -af:j equivalent to condor_status ?

On 3/23/2020 4:26 AM, Beyer, Christoph wrote:
Hi,

maybe I am just dumb but I am looking for an equivalent of '-af:j' in condor_q  (j print the job ID as the first field) in condor_status like '-af:m' -> print the machine name as the first field. That would spare me to type Machine all the time :)

Is there anything like that ?

Hi Christoph,

This is a good idea and easy to add. I don't think there is anything for that right now, but if you find yourself repeatedly using "-af" on a regular basis, you could create custom reporting format(s) for condor_status and/or condor_q. See
  https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=ExperimentalCustomPrintFormats

You can do this system-wide for all users, or just for yourself by editing your ~/.condor/user_config file.

regards,
Todd