Re: [HTCondor-users] Do jobs perform/require a successful checksum before they begin?

> On Mar 26, 2020, at 2:52 PM, Todd L Miller <tlmiller@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> TLDR question is:  Are files checksummed upon transfer before the job can start?
>
> 	No.  You can force HTCondor to checksum the network transfer by enabling integrity (which may also required encryption for file transfers; see https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/latest/admin-manual/configuration-macros.html#SEC_*_INTEGRITY),
> but there's no end-to-end verification.

I believe HTCondorâs normal integrity checks for network communication are skipped for job file transfers. This was a choice made years ago to minimize cpu overhead computing the checksums, which probably doesnât make sense today.

We are looking at adding code to do end-to-end integrity checks for file transfers. Todd Tannenbaum would best know the state of that work.

 - Jaime