Re: [HTCondor-users] Accounting Groups

tj (and everyone else):
thankyou. Thats better.

I did something like this now
GROUP_NAMES = group_userA
GROUP_QUOTA_dynamic_group_userA = .5

But when I submit jobs all slots are taken up. I though only 50% of the slots should be occupied.Â

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 10:43 AM John M Knoeller <johnkn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So I see a small typo here that is going to prevent the map file from working correctly.

The first argument to usermap needs to be the mapfile name, you are using "AssignGroup",

but the mapfile name is Groups.

Also the attribute that you want to set is AccountingGroup, not AcctGroup. Setting AcctGroupUser

and AcctGroup is optional â it can help you to see what the transform is doing, but these are attributes

that none of the Htcondor daemons care about. AccountingGroup is the only one that really matters.

So your config might look like this.

SCHEDD_CLASSAD_USER_MAP_NAMES = $(SCHEDD_CLASSAD_USER_MAP_NAMES) GroupsÂ

CLASSAD_USER_MAPFILE_Groups = /path/to/mapfileÂ

JOB_TRANSFORM_NAMES = AssignGroupÂ

JOB_TRANSFORM_AssignGroup @=endÂ

[

copy_Owner="AcctGroupUser";

copy_AccountingGroup="RequestedAcctGroup";

eval_set_AccountingGroup=usermap("Groups",Owner,AccountingGroup);

@end

Finally, I see some people already addressed this, but since AcctGroupUser is being used in the transform as a job attribute.

Using it *also* as a group name prefix on the CM is going to cause some confusion.ÂÂ It might be better to use a different name there, the convention is to just use âgroupâ like this

GROUP_NAMES = group_userA

GROUP_QUOTA_group_userA = 100

Hope this helps.

-tj

SCHEDD_CLASSAD_USER_MAP_NAMES = $(SCHEDD_CLASSAD_USER_MAP_NAMES) GroupsÂ

CLASSAD_USER_MAPFILE_Groups = /path/to/mapfileÂ

JOB_TRANSFORM_NAMES = AssignGroupÂ

JOB_TRANSFORM_AssignGroup @=endÂ

[ copy_Owner="AcctGroupUser"; copy_AcctGroup="RequestedAcctGroup"; eval_set_AcctGroup=usermap("AssignGroup",AcctGroupUser,AcctGroup); ]Â

@end

On my CM, I now have

GROUP_NAMES = AcctGroupUser

GROUP_QUOTA_AcctGroupUser_userA = 100

That should set userA quota to 100.

is thisÂcorrect? Also, what is the purpose of the mapfile? I know it must exist but not sure why we need it.Â