submit file should have
accounting_group=group_a

so, what is the difference betwee AcctGroup/AcctGroupUser AND accounting_group?Â

On Sat, May 2, 2020 at 4:29 PM Michael Pelletier via HTCondor-users <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This may have something to do with your settings of the GROUP_ACCEPT_SURPLUS and GROUP_AUTOREGROUP configuration parameters.

If GAS is true, then a group will be allowed to use more than its quota if there's resources available.

If GA is true, then a submitter from a given group will be reconsidered as a no-group submitter making the jobs eligible for matching even if the group has reached its quota.

Michael V Pelletier
Principal Engineer

Raytheon Technologies
Information Technology
Digital Transormation & Innovation

From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of rmorgan466@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, May 2, 2020 1:29 PM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [External] Re: [HTCondor-users] Accounting Groups

tj (and everyone else):
thankyou. Thats better.

I did something like this now
GROUP_NAMES = group_userA
GROUP_QUOTA_dynamic_group_userA = .5

But when I submit jobs all slots are taken up. I though only 50% of the slots should be occupied.Â

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 10:43 AM John M Knoeller <mailto:johnkn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So I see a small typo here that is going to prevent the map file from working correctly.
The first argument to usermap needs to be the mapfile name, you are using "AssignGroup",
but the mapfile name is Groups.
Also the attribute that you want to set is AccountingGroup, not AcctGroup. Setting AcctGroupUser
and AcctGroup is optional â it can help you to see what the transform is doing, but these are attributes
that none of the Htcondor daemons care about. AccountingGroup is the only one that really matters.
So your config might look like this.
SCHEDD_CLASSAD_USER_MAP_NAMES = $(SCHEDD_CLASSAD_USER_MAP_NAMES) GroupsÂ
CLASSAD_USER_MAPFILE_Groups = /path/to/mapfileÂ
JOB_TRANSFORM_NAMES = AssignGroupÂ
JOB_TRANSFORM_AssignGroup @=endÂ
[
copy_Owner="AcctGroupUser";
copy_AccountingGroup="RequestedAcctGroup";
eval_set_AccountingGroup=usermap("Groups",Owner,AccountingGroup);

@end
Finally, I see some people already addressed this, but since AcctGroupUser is being used in the transform as a job attribute.
Using it *also* as a group name prefix on the CM is going to cause some confusion.ÂÂ It might be better to use a different name there, the convention is to just use âgroupâ like this
GROUP_NAMES = group_userA
GROUP_QUOTA_group_userA = 100
Hope this helps.
-tj