Re: [HTCondor-users] permission denied for .update.ad on local file system

Hi Todd,

On 5/11/20 1:28 PM, Todd L Miller wrote:
> ÂÂÂÂThe starter is trying to send an update, presumably the last one,
> since the job is done and the execute directory (job sandbox) has been
> remvoed. Every time the starter sends an update, it looks in the
> execute directory (the job's sandbox) for the .update.ad for the most
> recent update from the startd, and complains if it can't read it.
>
> ÂÂÂÂIf you see this warning in the middle of a job, you may want to
> investigate, since that means that GPU usage won't be recorded in the
> job properly.

Ok as this was at the end of the job (either finishing or being
vacated), then we will file it under noise into the roundish bin :)

Cheers and thanks a lot for the insight!

Carsten

--
Dr. Carsten Aulbert, Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics,
CallinstraÃe 38, 30167 Hannover, Germany