[HTCondor-users] Using environment variables in CONDOR_CONFIG?

Hi All!

I have a setup where I copy the HTCondor install to a user's machine for them, but would like to avoid using the install script if possible. Ideally I could use env vars such as $HOME in a template condor_config file which gets copied along with the install but I can't find a way to do this in the docs. Is condor_configure the right way to handle this, and if so, how do people handle updates to the config that need to be pushed out? Currently I am reinstalling each time, but that seems like overkill and takes a long time now that we are all using VPN and are WFH.

Thank you!