Re: [HTCondor-users] /dev/shm bug fix mentioned in release notes of 8.9.7

Thanks Greg. It worked running container with privilegeÂmode showing expected behavior with 8.9.7 (/dev/shm/ getting cleared after job completion) however in 8.9.6 (/dev/shm/ contains stale file after job completion also).Â

Thanks & Regards,
Vikrant Aggarwal

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 6:57 PM Gregory Thain <gthain@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 5/29/20 5:38 AM, ervikrant06@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> HelloÂExperts,
>

> $CondorVersion: 8.9.7 May 19 2020 BuildID: 504263 PackageID: 8.9.7-1
>
> Still /dev/shm contains the file which I copied from submituser job
> after job completion. Am I doing something wrong?
>
> Also, any possible solution or recommendation for tackling stale files
> in /dev/shm after job completion in older condor versionÂin condor way?

Vikrant:

I'm glad you enjoyed our online HTCondor week, and that you find the
minicondor docker image useful. In order to clear /dev/shm, HTCondor
needs not just root, but certain kernel privileges that aren't enabled
by default inside a docker container. I think this should work if you
start the docker container with privilege, e.g. docker run --privileged ...

-greg