Re: [HTCondor-users] MaxVacateTime and KILLING_TIMEOUT seemingly not honored

Hi Alec,

I am getting a little lost when reading the below, please help clarify for me....

My understanding is as follows:

You are using startd rank (i.e. RANK = XXX in your condor config) to prefer running specific jobs submitted by a specific user.  When these jobs run and you then issue a condor_rm, the job is sent a SIGTERM but is not sent a SIGKILL after 10 minutes (your MaxVacateTime).  However, when you submit a test script as the same specific user, your test script indeed does receive the SIGKILL 10 minutes after SIGTERM.

Did I get it right?

If so, it may help to focus on any differences between how you submitted your test job and how your real jobs are submitted.  For example, perhaps your test job is universe=vanilla and your real jobs are universe=docker?  Also what version of HTCondor are you using?

Thanks
Todd