After going through the various discussions I do see many options available to fill the depth first:
1) NEGOTIATOR_PRE_JOB_RANK - apart from serving the depth first, it serves other purposes like giving preference to one set of nodes over another.Â
2) NEGOTIATOR_DEPTH_FIRST - Option introduced in the latest version of condor. Works pretty well to pack the nodes according to depth first. Boolean value can't be an _expression_.
3) CLAIM_PARTITIONABLE_LEFTOVERS - Sched level splitting for partitionable slots.
4) CONSUMPTION policies - Negotiator level splitting for partitionable slots.
- Which option is best for filling the depth first?
- Tried to use NEGOTIATOR_PRE_JOB_RANK to fill depth first with (- cpus) but that didn't help.
Thanks & Regards,