Re: [HTCondor-users] Possible for user to limit number of jobs per physical machine?

Good morning Christoph,

On 9/11/20 8:11 AM, Beyer, Christoph wrote:
> I think one way would be to use startd_cron to check periodically how many jobs of each user are currently running on the node.
>
> Export the values in the node-classadd for ex 'running_jobs_user_xy' and alter the start configuration of your slot accordingly to not start any jobs of user xy if running_jobs_user_xy > number ...
>
> Couple of lines in the config but not very complicated ...

yeah, but that information is already present in the main slot machine
class ad ("ChildRemoteUser") without the delay of startd_cron. The
question remains if that were be a target-able attribute from the users'
submit files honored/used both by the negotiator and starter.

I will keep testing :)

Cheers

Carsten

--
Dr. Carsten Aulbert, Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics,
CallinstraÃe 38, 30167 Hannover, Germany